Chynadoll Creations

Chynadoll Creations

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FR Repainted Anja


So.. you all know that I went to the FR convention in Orlando last week. Well at the convention, I signed up for several workshops.  The first one I attended was the repaint workshop. Let me tell you! I was highly disappointed with this workshop. It was $65 for the workshop /with the doll. I knew it was not gonna be good due to the fact that before we even sat down, the  instructor said   that we were not going to be actually painting. I was like HUH???  Every one was so mad. Several folks walked out right at that point.

 I am one of those folks that love hands on. I learn faster by actually doing. The class was 45 minutes long and all the instructor did was talk about how she repaints. She had a few pictures of  a (one) repaint that she had done (which were not really that good in quality looking at the printouts) 

All the stuff she spoke about went over most of the classes head. It is hard to just talk about a technique without seeing how it is applied.  I am always looking to learn new stuff and challenge myself with new techniques etc. That is why this was such a disappointment to me. 

It was so bad that everyone left before the allotted 45 minutes was up and then gave negative feedback to FR as a result. I think that if things had been better planned with a hands on approach , it would have been better. The instructor could have even sat and repainted one in front of us so those of us in the class who have never picked up a paint brush could see how to hold it etc. 

 Well needless to say,  I came home with the workshop doll unpainted. I handed out several of my cards to other classmates and told them I would repaint their dolls for them for a small cost LOL. 

Later that evening, I was introduced to a member of the FR team that coordinates the workshops. When she found out that I was a repaint artist, it was suggested that perhaps I could come to one of the conventions and do a repaint workshop! Whoo hoo! I would be honored to do one and you can best believe that when folks walk away from one of my workshops, it would be all smiles!!!


Well after that, I attended two other workshops that were a total success! One was on tribal tattoos and the other was on how to build staircases.  I will post later on those.

Here is the pics of my workshop doll and my repaint of her. This is my very first repaint of a FR doll. I am totally in love with her!! I was gonna sell her but I think I will just keep her :)



The workshop victim LOL
Anja
Notice she is lacking a few things

Of course a repaint needs a new swanky outfit and posh surroundings! Her outfit was made by Ovaz. He was one of the folks sitting at my table for the convention during dinner. He is very talented and even won for his entry of OOAK dolls.


Whoo hoo Go OVAZ! 
He can be found on Face Book :)


Anja has been repainted using artistic
acrylics, pastels and sealers. She has had
eyelashes applied as well.

Anja

Chynadoll Creations


22 comments:

  1. Wow Anja!
    you did a AWESOME job with this doll and so sorry for you attendance on the failed workshop, I'm sure you all had a great expectation about being there when the artist could show all her talent, but only talk about it, it's like reading a book...or watching a video with only talking, no action.
    At least you got something good from all of it, you'll have your very own workshop!!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much:) I'm excited at the idea of teaching a workshop!

      Delete
  2. How sad that the workshop was not what you expected. The instructor may have been really nervous of painting and making a mistake in front of you all. However, I am sure if you do a workshop for them, your students will definitely do hands on and come away smiling. Your repaint doll looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The repaint is great and I know that next time you are going to teach the heck out of that class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff, I'm doing a repaint class on Oct 20th via Skype. So lets see what happens!

      Delete
  4. So sorry the repaint workshop was such a disappointment. What was IT thinking? Hope your networking leads to more repaint customers and a future workshop led by you.

    Anja looks fabulous now!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie:) see ya on the S.I.S repaint on Skype:)

      Delete
  5. I would have been so ticked. They really should have known better. On the other hand, congrats on the possible future workshop. That would be so wonderful! Great job on Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work on Anja speaks volumes about your qualifications to teach repaint workshops. I hope you will share your talent in many venues besides the IT convention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As a matter of fact, I will be doing a repaint class by Skype on the 20th of October for the S.I.S group. Feel free to join us:)

      Delete
  7. Wow, Anja looks beautiful! I love how your repaints all look so unique but you have an undeniable signature. You can always tell when it's a Chynadoll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: I agree with you because you have to work to learn. I believe that the practice is essential to learning. Your work is gorgeous. This doll is very attractive. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anja is gorgeous! You made her look so much better. I was disappointed the class as well. The only thing is that I attended the class for free. I didn't buy the kit. I also thought it was going to be a hands on. I look forward to your SIS repaint tutorial on the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vickey, that class was a mess lol! See ya soon :0)

      Delete
  10. What a disappointment that workshop!!! With that price, one would have expected much more!! Luckily you're an artist repainting, and your dollie looks really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should claim a workshop all yours. I think you'll be a great teacher and I'd love to be your first student!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Your comments are appreciated .