Chynadoll Creations

Chynadoll Creations

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh My! Earthquake and repaints ???

Ok, so I am sitting at my desk working on my latest repaint.  Bam! My house begins to shake. I have a few dolls on stands around my work area who are falling down around me. My hubby runs in the room and asks me what I am doing to cause the house to shake. I look at him like he has four heads. What could I possibly be doing by painting dolls to make the house shake???  LOL
Turns out we had a 5.9 earthquake here in the NY/NJ area.  Go figure..

Anyway... in the mist of all of that, I had to post the pics of a few friends that arrived at my house today from my sister who happened to start cleaning out some of my niece's slightly played with Barbie dolls. 
I am all excited with them all. 
Going to swap a few heads and bodies around but oh my!!!such fun.... 
18 Barbies and four Ken. The one in the back has strange
little wings attached and funny hair. Probably will redress
her and give her to one of the little girls in my church.




The newest recruit for a make over.

On her way to the salon for a new hair style!
Stay tuned :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice new bunch of dolls you received. The strange one with wings is one of the fairy dolls they put out. Hope I get to see some of the changes you make to them :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are funny.

    I'm glad the EQ didn't cause any damage.

    Wonderful doll loot.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cecile love the name so nice to meet you and have you as a new blog buddy. Love your repaints very nice. Do you also make the clothing. Have a great evening and lets pray there are no after shocks
    Peace and Blessings
    Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dollz for the info on the winged doll. I will definitely post the repaints that I do.

    Dbg, I'm so thankful that the EQ did not cause any damage as well and that we are all safe.

    Hey to my new blog buddy Cheryl. Thanks for liking my work. I do make the doll clothing , and jewelry for some of my dolls. I list it accordingly when I post a picture of
    them.
    I'm thankful that there are no after shocks and damage. Glad to know you and your family are safe as well.
    Blessings & Peace to you as well
    Cecile ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so left out of the earthquake. There were lots of people here in GA that felt it too. My room looks like an earthquake hit it. I would have then actually had an reason for my fabrics being all over the place. Husband - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice dolly haul! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Your comments are appreciated .