Chynadoll Creations

Chynadoll Creations

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Wee Three Friends Repaint. Before and After Pics..

Wee Three Friends before repaint. "Epiphany"


This was the start of her outfit. A total mess LOL.
I knew I wanted the wings but the bottom was horrible. 

This is the start of "Epiphany" I painted her face a darker shade
using burnt sienna and burnt umber.  I also added blush to her cheeks.
I gave her a whimsical eyebrow because I knew she was going to be one 
of the first of my Fairy dolls. 
I wanted her look to portray playful yet
magical.  I simply pulled her hair up in a ponytail and tied a knot
into it. I actually just did this to keep the hair out of the way
while I did my repaint. Once she was repainted, I left it there
because I had started forming her outfit and it just worked.



This is the finished face. She actually looked better in person.
This picture really does not do her justice. I added teeth just to try
something different with her open mouth. I used a tooth pick and a
straight pin to make the grooves in the paint for the teeth. She is wearing
my signature mole on her face.




This is the finished doll. Her outfit is handmade with hand sewn beads.
 She is sporting wings for a woman I found on Ebay. Anne Marriott of Anne's  Designs.
From time to time, you will see some of her wings on my dolls. When I find a  good
accessory, I tend to stick with that artist. Her wings do my redesigned/repainted dolls justice.
The material, I found in Walmart. It had fairy's on the print and just worked for this remake.




This is the same Wee three friend doll (Head only) painted in the second way. This doll has
an articulated body. She came that way in the lot of dolls I purchased. I think someone switched
bodies or something because all of the other dolls I have seen for Wee Three Friends do
not have this body. I happen to like this body, especially when making clothing for it.
Here, I also added a tint to her face. I found that the dolls I purchased
in this lot, had a yellowish tint to the vinyl.


Perhaps it was them being older
or just the way they were stored. That yellowish tint made the dolls look funny,
almost like they were sick LOL. Here she also has the whimsical eyebrow, only
because I happened to like the one I did on the first doll.


I twisted her hair up
in little knots. Working with doll hair is a whole other lesson LOL. It is not
like human hair (unless that doll has human hair that has been rerooted) It melts,
burns and acts funky until you learn how to master doing it :)

I purchased this material from Walmart as well.
The earrings are wooden beads and are threaded into
her ears as opposed to using the sterling silver wire.

I named her "Sarahi" 






This is the third repaint of the Wee Three friends.
I named her "Danielle"




Danielle ,Wee Three Friend repaint.
First I washed her hair in warm soapy water and let it
air dry. I repainted her face and gave her a soft tint using
a pale rose color. This repaint was for a customer who wanted
the doll to have blue eyes. 
 I gave her my signature mole under her eye.
If I use my mole on a doll, it us usually under the eye or on the chin.  I
purchased material for her outfit on Ebay. 
I have another Wee three friend doll who
has reddish orange hair who is sporting a dress from the materials 
 i purchased from this wonderful woman as well. (picture to follow)

After picture of 
" Danielle" Clothing was handmade, and hair was given
a soft curl perm.

The fourth of the repainted Wee Three Friends doll
"Olivia" before repaint. 

"Olivia" after repaint. Hand made clothing and sporting a
 soft curly  perm for her hair. Has hand made jewelry and a tattoo :)

4 comments:

  1. These are very nice. I like the whimsical eyebrow.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are soooo creative! I love their whimsical eyebrows. I never thought about painting the actual face. I am so excited and look so forward to doing my first repaint. To remove all of the paint seems intimidating, but I am going to do it. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dbg, doing the eyebrow was fun. It also changes the facial expression.

    Gerogia girl, thanks for your compliments :) your first repaint is going to be a bit intimidating at first. My thought was, whatever happens , happens lol! After the paint came off, there was no turning back. The doll needed some kind of face, even if it came out looking silly. To help, once you remove the face, use a sharp #2 pencil and outline the eye socket, lips and draw on eyebrows just to get familiar in your placement. I will post a step by step lesson soon so you can have some sort of a guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the before and after pictures. I am not even going to pretend that I will be repainting dolls. No time to add anything else to the list. I will continue to enjoy yours. So keep posting.

    Georgia Girl - Get busy! LOL! We are waiting to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Your comments are appreciated .